1. From continuing operations.
2. Adjusted IFRS operating profit based on longer-term investment returns from continuing operations.
3. During 2019, as part of the implementation of the NAIC’s changes to the US statutory reserve and capital framework enhancements were made to the model used to allow for hedging within US statutory reporting which have been incorporated into the EEV model. This resulted in a fall in operating free surplus of $(903) million from a lower expected transfer to net worth. After allowing for this, operating free surplus generated is $2,861 million, down 16 per cent on a constant exchange rate basis.
4. Surplus over Group minimum capital requirement and estimated before allowing for second interim ordinary dividend. Shareholder business excludes the available capital and minimum capital requirement of participating business in Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia.
5. Growth rates on a constant exchange rate basis.
6. Growth rates on an actual exchange rate basis.